Monday, May 28, 2007

Before and after photos

Better late than never, right? OK, so here they are, the before and after shots. I still have a bit of swelling around the cheeks and am still getting used to not having the splint. Plus, my lower lip and chin are still pretty numb. So, I'm still working on the mouth-closing thing.

But, I don't know about you, but to me, it's more than the haircut and the tan. I look different and, I think, better. The front view isn't so dramatic, but check out that profile. It ain't chiseled but, compared with the before shot, it's definitely a chin. Hmm ... I just noticed that I must've flopped the photo I used for my profile. The before front view below is right.



Meanwhile, I think sleep continues to get better. I know I'm dreaming a lot these days. I actually had one within the first hour of going to sleep. Also, I seem to have more energy and a lot more sustained ambition than I used to. Being able to eat real food has certainly helped my outlook. Saturday night, I had baked salmon and last night, I had unblenderized spaghetti. I can't believe how much I missed that. My body is certainly thanking me, too.

Overall, I'd say things are looking pretty good. ...

By the way, if you get a chance, head over to Brandy's blog and tell her how great she's doing. Her surgery was Thursday.

4 comments:

Brandyleigh35 said...

Hey Vaughn,
Glad to see you are doing so well. I feel better knowing that parts of your tongue were numb but are gradually coming back. I think this would not have been so irritating to me if I had expected it, however, this was one side effect that I was not aware of. I woke up, could feel my whole top lip, my face, most of my chin except the exact genio spot and half of my bottom lip. I thought I had it made, until I felt my giant, tingly, numb tongue. It does feel like it is gradually getting better however, it is way too slow for me.

Glad to see you are experiencing life without the splint I bet that is awesome huh? Real food! it is so underated!

Mary said...

I think you are right, its not just the haircut or even the new profile (which will get more defined as the swelling goes down). Your color looks better and it looks like there is more life in your eyes! You look great! And yes, eating after a liquid diet is really great! Mary

Anonymous said...

I'm considering the procedure and really appreciate hearing first hand about the experience. Thanks for taking the time t write this,hope the long term outcome has been great.

Daniel

Mary R. said...

Hello,
I live in Wilmington too, and I'm trying to find out about doctors in this area for MMA. Just wanted to pick your brain. I've thought about going to Calif. for the operation, because I have family there, but it'd be easier here. I just want to go to someone who's done lots of them.