Saturday, April 21, 2007

Day 11: Sleeping in a bed

I managed to spend all last night in the bed. At my visit yesterday, the doctor said it was fine to sleep on my side. I'd got used to at least starting out there, because it lessened the effects of my apnea. I woke up a few times and still needed a drool towel, but it was much nicer than the recliner. I think my sleep was pretty efficient -- definitely much better than the past couple of days. So, I'll count that as progress.

Ever since yesterday's visit, I find myself obsessed with whether my jaw is in the right place. It seems to move some when I swallow or cough. When Dr. Blakey first locked me down yesterday, I could feel my muscles fighting against it. That seems to have calmed down for the most part. Maybe they're just biding their time until Thursday. In any case, I'm going to call Blakey's office on Monday if I'm still concerned about my jaw position. If there's something going on that shouldn't be, I want to be on top of it right away.

It's a beautiful day outside, sun shining, cool breeze. I've been noticing I'm a little pale, so it might be a good day to roast my bod out in the back yard. My next-door neighbor appears to be obsessed with the height of his grass. He cuts it like clockwork every week, whether it needs it or not. So, I might have to contend with the mower. I suppose I can deal.

No comments: