Sunday, April 8, 2007

Mmmm, scallops ...

So, there it is, in all its glory: the last homecooked chewable dinner for several weeks. Looks good, doesn't it? I was going to upload a dot-smell file so you could really experience it, but I haven't upgraded my computer yet. I guess I'll have to let your imagination work, instead.

I took some Japanese scallops from Trader Joe's (nice and tender -- not too big, but not those chewy bay scallops) and sauteed them in butter and a little bit of bacon grease. I seasoned them with some garlic and onion powder and a touch of pepper. On the side, we have roasted sweet potato medallions (the word restaurants use when something is round and they want to charge you more) and sliced avacado and tomato. Oh, and to finish it off, a nice glass of Napa Valley zin. Here's a napkin for the drool.

My belly definitely approved.

Below, you can see me pre-op. Small chin, right? When I sleep, that sucker falls back even more and essentially closes off my airway -- several times a night, all night long. Well, we're taking care of that on Tuesday (gulp). If I were you, I'd say something like, "Keep your chin up!" Heh. Uh, yeah. Anyway. ...





Sigh. The waiting. It's hard.

2 comments:

Brandyleigh35 said...

Wow...that looks really yummy! And so healthy! I think this is something you might be able to eat sooner then you think after surgery. I mean Scallops are not terribly hard (if there cooked right)

Glad to see you are staying positive. Think....soon you will be dreaming real dreams again! That in and of itself is quite exciting!

Bill said...

Hey there. Came across your Blog while looking at Brandyleigh's Blog and wanted to wish you good luck on your surgery tomorrow.

Truly, the anxiety leading up to the surgery was more annoying than the post surgery recovery period.

-Bill
http://semper-braces.blogspot.com/