Monday, April 23, 2007

Turning 45, wrapping up two weeks


I was 44 when I went to bed last night and 45 when I awoke this morning. That's right: Today's my birthday. I like to remember that I share the same birthday as William Shakespeare, as though that means something in some sort of a cosmic sense. That's Billy S. on the label of the bottle on the right above. More on the wine -- and the straw -- later.

We celebrated by going for a walk on the beach to enjoy this gorgeous weather. Then, we stopped by Baskin-Robbins, where I picked up a LARGE milkshake made with chocolate mousse ice cream. Wow. Probably about 1,200 calories just there. It was so thick that I had to add milk and put it in the blender again just to drink it.

One of my brothers, John, who lives in Monterey, Calif., sent me the two of bottles of wine and the straw. What a funny guy. I can't use a straw. I guess I'll have to just slurp down the wine the old fashioned way. Thanks, John (clink)!

Sleep continues to be pretty good. My goal would be to go to sleep around 10 and wake up at 6 or later. Gotta have goals! This is the 13th day after surgery day. I can't believe that was almost two weeks ago. Man, time seems to be flying by.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Happy birthday, Vaughn. Keep on truckin'
Julie

Anonymous said...

Hapy Birthday vaughn, fascinating stuff this blog.

sam,

Brandyleigh35 said...

Hey Vaughn
Happy Birthday! Glad to see you are in such good spirts! I must add that I think 90% of this journey is mental, if you have a good attitude about it all then it makes it so much more bearable. Thanks for being such a positive blogger regarding all of this. I mean truly, your blog has helped me feel soooo much better about this whole procedure. I know now that it will all be fine and that I will get through it just like the rest of you!

Enjoy your B-day! The walk on the beach sounds heavenly! What part of N.C are you in again? We are going to retire in Creswell, do you know where that is?

Jim Ware said...

Happy birthday Vaughn.

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Vaughn. You look great. My surgery date's in four weeks so I'm following your blog daily to know what to expect. Hang in there!