Tuesday, April 17, 2007

Dinner tonight

I was getting tired of the same meal options, so we decided to try something a little different tonight:

    Chicken and Broccoli Mousse

    1/2 cup of chopped cooked chicken
    1/3 cup of chopped cooked broccoli
    1/4 cup of mashed potatoes
    1 garlic clove, minced
    1/4 cup chopped onion
    1 Tbs butter
    2 Tbs olive oil
    1 dash onion powder
    1 dash black pepper
    2 Tbs chicken broth

    Simmer onion and garlic in small skillet until soft. Add chicken, broccoli and mashed potatoes. Simmer for about 10 minutes. Add seasoning.

    IMPORTANT: Let mixture cool to lukewarm.

    Put in blender and puree. Add chicken broth and puree again. Spoon into a bowl. Serve on table covered with newspaper and lots of napkins.


You can see the chunky, before-the-blender and the mousse versions below. Interesting shade of green, but it was tasty!

Before

After

6 comments:

Jim Ware said...

I've enjoyed reading your blog and watching your progress. Can't say that much about the food. Please spare us the post-feeding pix. Good luck and watch out for those gators!

57rdi said...

Thanks, Jim. Hey, at least you just have to look at the food.

-V

Mary said...

Vaughn, this looks yummy, I'm going to make it (not blend it though), thanks. I also have several blended soup recipes on my blog if you look in the November 2007 section. Mary

Brandyleigh35 said...

Hey Jim,
Looks like you are coming along nicey. I have been so busy and I haven't had time to post lately, but wanted you to know I have been following your progress closely and appreciate the daily account of your surgery journey. I'm feeling so much better about all of this thanks to you.

Happy healing!

Brandy

Lady MS said...

Good morning, Clif,

When I had all of my upper teeth removed and a set of upper dentures made, your dad made his homemade chicken soup for me. I still couldn't eat the chuncks, so he pureed it. It looked good and tasted divine.

The chicken mousse sounds good, too. Hope you are continuing to feel better and sleep better each day and night.

A hug to you and one for our dear Mary, too.

mary sue

Harve Hagerty said...

Arrrgh!

Dad